A holidaymaker has posted revolting images of raw chicken he claims he was served up at his TUI “four star” hotel during a £1,300 break.
James Collins, 27, uploaded the images to the the travel agency’s Facebook page as he complained that the situation has forced him to fork out an extra £1,000 for meals.
He claimed the chicken legs were undercooked throughout and almost completely raw towards the middle.
The security officer from Brighton is a week into his 14-day break at the Menorca Parc Hotel in Arenal D’n Castell, Spain.
He posted: “I am just about ready to come home. TUI UK are an absolute disgrace.
“The rooms are full of mould, the food has been non-existent or raw, one bar open for the whole hotel at night with queues of 25 mins, and a maximum of two-party sized cups, some rooms have rats, no entertainment and rude incompetent staff.”
He and his 10 other friends paid for all-inclusive package but he said he ended up running up large extra bills as a result of the poor food at the hotel.
TUI responded to his post, said: “Hi James, I am sorry to hear of your disappointment, please ensure you notify a rep or speak with our 24/7 holiday line.”
James demanded to change to a “competent hotel” in compensation, or otherwise, to “have the next flight home”.
Mina Kowalkowski, who had stayed at the same hotel, commented: “Four years ago I went there and the issues were the same then.
“Couldn’t believe it was four-star, it was absolutely gross.”
Yvonne Lally added: “Disgusting, you must be so, so disappointed.”
Speaking today, James said: “We asked to move to another hotel and were told this would come at an extra cost of £1,130 to move us all.
“We said we would like to fly home and were told to pay for our own flights and make our way to the airport but we dont have a mass of money because we have been eating out as a result of the raw food.”
Raw chicken can cause abdominal pain, diarrhoea and vomiting which can also lead to several illnesses including campylobacter, salmonella and E.Col.
Last year, a woman died after taking a mouthful of raw chicken on a holiday in Greece.
Natalie Rawnsley, 37, was confirmed to have contracted the E-coli bug after suffering from severe food poisoning at the Corfu hotel.
A TUI spokesperson said: “We are very sorry to hear of Mr Collins experience on his holiday and thank him for bringing this to our attention.
“We can confirm that we are now in contact with Mr Collins in resort to discuss his concerns and look into this further.”